Wood, Taber & Morse


Zum Vergrößern Bild anklicken


Wood, Taber & Morse: Briefkopf (1884) Wood, Taber & Morse: Briefkopf (1888) Wood, Taber & Morse: Werbeschild


Allgemeines

FirmennameWood, Taber & Morse
OrtssitzEaton (N.Y.)
Art des UnternehmensMaschinenfabrik
AnmerkungenBis Anfang der 1860er Jahre "A. N. Wood" (s.d.), neue Firma durch Aufnahme der Teilhaber Loyal C. Taber (Ingenieur) und Walter Morse (Kaufmann). Stellten Lokomobilen von 3 bis 20 PS für 350 bis 1500 Dollar her, zu Spitzenzeiten: drei am Tag.
QuellenangabenHenry-Ford-Museum [Pees, Samuel T.: Oil history] [Wiley: American iron trade manual (1874) 86] http://www.rootsweb.com/~nymadiso/1880-49.htm [Smith: History of Eaton, NY (1899) Internet]




Unternehmensgeschichte

Zeit Ereignis
1859 Gegründet durch A. N. Wood, L. C. Taber und Walter Morse. A. N. Wood an der Fabrik von "A. N. & E. D. Wood & Co." und kehrt nach Eaton zurück. Die Firma "Wood, Tabor & Morse" wird sofort gegründet, und die alten Fabriken werden für den Bau von Lokomobilen hergerichtet.
1890 Schließung. - um 1899 stehen noch die Gebäude mit den Maschinen.




Produkte

Produkt ab Bem. bis Bem. Kommentar
Dampfmaschinen 1871 [Circular a. steam engines, price list (1871)] 1891 [Annual catalogue (1891)]  
Dampftraktoren 1885 [Sc. American (1885) Dez.: Anzeige] 1888 Henry-Ford-Museum  
Lokomobilen 1859 Beginn (Herrichtung der Gebäude nach Gründung) 1882 [Sc. American (1885) Dez.: Anzeige] Stellten Lokomobilen von 3 bis 20 PS für 350 bis 1500 Dollar her, zu Spitzenzeiten: drei am Tag.. Bis 1880: über 3000 Stück. 1872: ortsfeste mit auch unten wasser-umspültem Feuerbüchskessel; auch "agricultural".
Maschinerie 1874 [Wiley: American iron trade (1874)] 1874 [Wiley: American iron trade (1874)] Vorgabe: machinery




Allgemeines

ZEIT1880
THEMAFirmenbeschreibung
TEXTThe capacity of the works has been steadily increased, and the Wood, Tabor & Morse engines have become very popular. The total number produced in the twenty-one years since 1859 has been not less than 3,000, and the demand at presnt is greater than at any time before, except, perhaps, for a short period during the excitement in Pennsylvania occasioned by the discovery of oil. Fifty men are employed steadily, and a large share of the work is done by special machinery, which greatly reduces the number of hands required. The force of men includes some who have been in the firm's employ eighteen or twenty years. The foreman., H. R. Hamilton, helped build their first engine twenty-eight or twenty-nine years ago, and has been foreman twenty years. Mr. Wood attributes the success of the engine very much to the policy of steadfastness pursued and the employment of men who by long practice have come to know their business thoroughly. From the first there has been no suspension of the works from lack of business. The Utica firm continued in business fifteen years.
QUELLE[History of Butler County Pennsylvania (1895) Internet]